Frequently asked questions.
Do you have a question about compressed air, perhaps we can help?
In the last section of our catalogue, we explain in detail compressed air power:
- Compressed air: pressure level, dew point, venturi effect, vacuum...
- Compressed air systems: checklist, the basic rules of a network, selecting pipe, calculating the flow rate of a compressor, where to install a dryer...
- Air treatment and filtration: example of an air treatment line, comparing pneumatic tool air flow rates....
- Paint applications: hazards of static electricty, additional guidelines...
- Fitting tables: corresponding pipe diameters
- Flow rates and head losses: flow rate for compressed air hoses, choosing the proper hose diameter for an air system...
- Standards and directives: ATEX, OSHA, REACH, ROHS, 2014/68/EU
- Pneumatic tools: useful/max torque, details of dimesnsions and uses
- Conversion table: metric/imperial, pressure, vacuum (negative pressure), volume flow rate, power, temperature, length, volume, weight
How do you install a Prevost Piping System compressed air network?
We have a page dedicated to the Prevost Piping System (PPS): specifications, video guides, documents…
Learn more about the PPS range and our services
Our 3D application, can assist you with all size projects. Our sales team is available to create a detailed plan and free quotes.
View the "System plans" page
We offer Prevost Piping System compressed air network installation video tutorials.
Watch our installation videos
For complete installation information, view our PPS installation manual.
Access the PPS manual
Is it possible to get the files in 3D format of your products?
Over 1,500 of our products have 3D files that can be downloaded directly from our website.
The files are available on the product information pages simply by clicking the "3D" icon.
If you need numerous files, click the Contact Us button and we will be happy to help.
I need to order replacement parts, access safety data sheets or need a technical manual, where can I find this information?
All of this information is available in the Documents tab.
My plug does not fit in my air coupling or my air coupling is leaking.
Make sure you are using the correct connection profile and the compatible size plug. Our quick air couplings work best and are guaranteed when used with a Prevost plug.
View our documents
My hose reel is leaking.
If the leak occurs at the flexible hose/coupling connection: slide the protective sleeve down, unscrew the coupling, then reseal with Teflon tape or anaerobic glue.
If the leak occurs on the coupling: slide the protective sleeve off, unscrew the coupling and replace it.
If the leak occurs on the hose whip (DPF, DMF, DMO, DGO, DVO): plan to replace the seal, see user manual.
My regulator (or FRL) is leaking, what should I do?
If your regulator or filter-regulator leaks, make sure it was installed in the proper air flow direction.
My balancer cable is stuck, what should I do?
If your cable is not working properly, the load capaticy of the balancer may be insufficient.
Try to readjust the spring tension. Direction on how to do so are in the technical manual.
How do I place an order?
If you are not an existing customer, give us a call and we will refer you to a distributor who can help.
If you would like to become a Prevost distributor, contact us to speak to one of our Regional Sales Managers.
Do you need a compressed air system installed?
Although Prevost does not install compressed air systems, we will refer you to a dependable team and be availalbe for consulting throughout the process.